Friday, July 23, 2010

Sickness

While were in NV I got really sick with a cold, which I have given to my children and husband. They got over it in a few days, 3-4. I am going on 2 weeks now with the same thing. It's actually gotten worse rather than better, which I hear is common with pregnancy. So at my 28 week visit for the baby I told my Dr. what was going on and she wrote me out a prescription to help with a sinus infection. I knew it was coming and I tried everything I could think of to ward it off, but to my dismay it came anyway. Now I have to take these awful smelling and tasting, when I can taste, pills twice a day for 10 days. I'm really not complaining about it, I'm just REALLY grateful for modern medicine that can help when all else fails. It's not the funnest thing to lie around all day feeling like you have an elephant sitting on your face while the rest of your body feels like the truck that brought the elephant hit you on the way in. I'm happy to say that after 3 days on the meds I am feeling almost back to my old self. My house had become a MESS and the dishes finally got done today. The laundry is no longer in piles in my room waiting to be done and I finally am starting to feel like I can accomplish things again.

No comments: