Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Being okay with Change

Clint had an interview last week for a new job.  We have waited for this moment for a long time, and now, it's finally here.  The funny thing though is neither one of us feels anxious about it.  We fasted and prayed that his interview would go well, we've talked about it to death before he went, he worked on his resume for weeks and when the time finally came we both felt we had done all we could.  Now it's in the hands of the Lord.  It's kind of strange being here, at this point.  Six years ago we moved here with intent on staying for only a few years, now our life is very different than it was and a few years turned into a undisclosed amount of time. Five years ago I had a total freak out moment and since then I have learned many powerful lessons one of which is to just rely on Him.  there is so much I can't control and the more I try the more crazy I become.  I like being in the place in my life, to know that no matter what the Lord will provide a way.  If Clint gets the job we'll be in the area for a while longer, like 2-3 years more.  If he doesn't than we start praying about what next, where do we go next.  That might mean moving out of state or to another place in UT, either way I know that everything will be alright.  If this door doesn't open to us, He will open another one.  That's a nice thing to know and finally understand .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck & Much Happiness What Will Be Will Be Much Love to You All xxxxxxx Carol

D said...

Good luck and prayers you find the right direction quickly. :) change is stressful but can be wonderful too. Sounds like you have the right perspective on it all. :)