Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's B-day. I want to tell her just how much I love and appreciate her. That wasn't always the case. While growing-up I actually hated her. She always wanted to go shopping and do my hair and all that other "mom stuff". Now I love to do those things with her. It's amazing what a mission has done for our relationship, not to mention becoming a mom myself. I never thought I would be one of those daughters who consider their mom their best friend, but I can proudly say now that she is. I know when I am needing a "time-out" from the kids I can call Mom and she understands. There are so many wonderful things she has taught me over the years and I am truly grateful to have her in my life. I know she wasn't perfect, but I know she did the best she knew how to do and what more can anyone really ask for than that. She is a great listener and a great friend. I know we all think our mothers are great, and we should, they do so much for us. I never knew how much my mom sacrificed for me and the rest of us by going to work and other choices she has made over the years. I know she loves her family and grand-children very much. My children adore her and Kaily tells me that Grandma is her best friend. I could go on and on about her, but I will just say Happy Birthday Mom and I love you!

No comments: