Monday, November 17, 2008

Doctors and Nurses

Today we went to the Doctors, again. Conner is sick, this time he has two ear infections and the Dr. put him on a different medicine. It's hard enough to get him to take the Amoxicillin, let alone this other stuff. The good thing about this new medication is I only give him 1/2 of what I was giving him of the other. That makes it a little better. Poor guy, this is his second ear infection in his left ear in two months. I mentioned that to the doctor and he told me it was exactly one month ago that I brought him in for the first one and almost exactly 2 months ago that I brought him in for the other stuff. It breaks my heart to see him in pain and I can't do much for him. Clint gave him a blessing last night for comfort that he would be able to sleep and it seemed to wk, for the most part. I can't tell you how excited I will be when he can go for more than a month without getting sick. It makes me feel as if I'm doing something wrong.

Today I also registered Clint for next semester. I am so happy that he doesn't start Clinicals until AFTER we get back from Florida. That took a lot of stress off of him too. He is excited for his clinical this next semester though; he starts out with med/surg and then goes to OB. He's more excited about the med/surg; I think that goes without explanation.

3 comments:

Kemp Family said...

I can't believe you had time to update this. I was broken hearted to hear about his ears. You always had ear infections when you were a baby. It's hard to be a mom and nurse at the same time. And wife, homemaker, cook, driver, teacher..... You'll get through it, we all do, with lots of prayers, faith and love. Unfortunately, it also comes with loss of sleep, lots of tears, and frustration. Kaily will want to hug and make it all better. Just try to smile, and know it will all be better soon.

Cathy said...

Poor Conner! That is so horrible! Especially cause you feel like there's not much you can do. That's definitely one thing I don't miss about Utah winters. I hope he feels better soon.

I'm sure I've told you this before, and you can ignore this if you want to. When Joe was having all of his ear infection issues, we started using tea tree oil. We started after he had an ear infection that wouldn't go away for literally three months, medication included. We rubbed a little of the tea tree oil behind his ears, then we put just a drop or two in the tub with him. Quite possibly a coincidence, but he never had an ear infection again. So, like I said, totally disregard this advice if you want.

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about poor little Conner. There is nothing like having a sick baby and not knowing how to help. Did they give you any eardrops? Hope he feels better soon.