Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Went Skydiving for his B-day
My dad is amazing!  I'm so glad he is my father and I am thankful for all the things I have learned from him over the years.  Some of my favorite memories with him are...

  • camping and hiking
  • the first time I caught a fish and how grossed out I was when he showed me how to clean it
  • my first daddy-daughter date
  • Staying up late talking, I did all the talking and he pretended to listen and sometimes did.  (=
  • going for walks with him
  • listening him talk about his mission and seeing how much love he has for the people
  • road trips and "short cuts"
  • going to star parties in my pajamas
In my life there have been times when I felt less than and he always tried to let me know that I didn't have to look like the rest of world to be important.  He loves me unconditionally even though I didn't make it easy for him when I was younger.  Thank you Dad for all you have done, all you continue to do and all the laughs along the way.

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Kemp Family said...

Thanks for the kind words. As parents, we hope our kids have some good memories and that we didn't mess things up too bad for them. I am proud to call you my daughter and proud of the wife and mother you have become. I love you, Dad.