Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Day

I have always loved the 24th of July celebrations in Utah. In fact, I think I enjoy them more than I do the 4th. When I was on my mission I really missed watching the parade and the great fireworks at Liberty Park. It seems I have infected my husband, finally, with the same bug, or he just wanted to make me really happy. He made sure that we were up and ready to make breakfast before the parade started and even asked me if I wanted to go to it this year. I laughed because as MOST people know you have to camp out the night before to get the really good seats and that was NOT going to happen. Besides, I kind of like just watching it in my P.J's and eating breakfast with my family. So that's what we did, we watched the 3 hr parade and then we went to the neighbors house to play in the water and eat some good food. The kids were in heaven, they had so much fun! The adults refereed the kids and enjoyed visiting each other. The boys were all about the grilling and our neighbor grilled up a great chicken and good burgers. We were all stuffed! Clint and I talked to Kaily that night about why we celebrate the day and we had a little lesson about his family and his pioneer history. I think it's a tradition I would like to start doing, no matter where we live. At the end of the night Kaily wanted to see the fireworks, but since she and Conner both crashed at 8 pm we missed them. What a great day!

No comments: