When I was little I remember hearing about the

Dickens Festival done in SLC. It always sounded so fun and I don't recall ever going. This year I noticed the add in the Sunday paper and quickly made plans to go. We went Sat after the Ward party and it was just as much fun as I thought it would be. They had vendors set up everywhere at the Utah state Fair Grounds. In two separate buildings they had Oliver and Scrooge playing as well as some chimney sweeps and Victorian dancers. In another part of the

building they had a booth where the kids could dip candles and see Father Christmas. Conner asked for Thomas and Kaily asked for Pillow Pets. Conner was SO excited to see Santa. It was fun to see the excitement on his face! Corbin slept the whole time in a pack we brought for him, he enjoyed it too. Kaily liked seeing all the fun characters and the dancing. If she could have she would have sat at the stage all day just watching all the fun things, but her little brother wanted no part of that, he was more interested in the pretend swords and guns everywhere. It was a great time!


2 comments:
Ah! We would love this. We finished "A Christmas Carol" with the kids last week. It was so refreshing to take a break from pop literature and feel the beauty of a classic (especially that one!) again. I would love to see what is there!! Glad you guys had a good time!
Karen , that looks so great. AND i am DYING over your adorable kids...that picture of the three of them is adorable...they are gorgeous...all of them! are you a proud momma!
Post a Comment