
I have a great Uncle who lives in ID and his home has always felt like a retreat to me. It's surrounded by farm lands and is so quiet. The place holds a lot of memories for me. It is also close to the places his family has farmed for many years. On this trip we explored those places. I saw the place my grandmother grew up and the places my dad went as a kid to help on the farm, we saw the place my great grandfather and great grandmother lived when he passed. I saw the towns and heard some the history of the area of houses, schools and people who have long been gone. I wanted my children to see and hear of these people and places too, even though they are young and won't remember much of it. I recorded it though and now we can look back on this and remember. I wish I had gotten more than just video, but we'll go back to those places to get the pictures.

The trip wasn't just about exploring old town and seeing old houses though, it was a chance for my children to get to know their Great Aunt and Great Uncle. A chance for me to share with them some of the most treasured memories I have. We had so much fun riding on the 4-wheeler, when I was little it was horses we road, not a 4-wheeler. We had smores, played games, picked veggies out the garden, ate good food, listened to some great stories and just enjoyed being there.
2 comments:
Amazing pictures, Karen! I love all of them!! So glad you got to go visit Uncle Bud. Such a special time!
When we went it was Winter! I love the pictures! Amazing they look exactly how I remember them!! Miss you!
Post a Comment