Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ouch

Last week I was working out and it was fantastic!  I felt SO good when we finished.  Tired and a little shaky, but good.  I went on with the day and still felt really good.  The next morning I woke up and couldn't move.  It felt like I had been hit by a bus or some other large vehicle.  I iced the area and took some pain meds.  One week later and I'm seing a Chiropractor due to migraines and other debilitating effects.  It's crazy what the mind can do.  In talking things over with the Dr. we've come to the conclusion that this pain is largely due to muscle memory.  I've been in 5 car accidents in my life, it's amazing I'm still here.  The pain I'm experiencing is akin to whiplash, with out the disc malfunction.  So, when I said I felt like I had been hit, my body actually was remembering being hit in 5 different ways.  The pain is really due to some strained muscles from my workout, but the reaction is muscle memory.

No comments: