Thursday, June 6, 2013
Vindication
I love it when I have thought something all along and then find out that I was right. We got a call from the allergist today with the boys results. The blood work they did only tested them for the most common food and household allergies, none of the grass, weeds or tree hay-fever type allergies. It turns out that Corbin just has hay-fever most of the year and is not allergic to any food or common animal. Conner, on the other hand, while not allergic to any common animal and not allergic to most food, he is allergic to peanuts. When he was 18 months old we gave him some peanut butter and he developed a rash. I decided to not give him any peanuts from that point on, not really knowing if that was the reason for the reaction. When he was 2 he ate some M&M's, just the plain ones, but again he got a little rash on his face. So we drilled it into his head that he could NOT have peanuts and figured we get him tested when he got older. He recently ate some plain M&M's again and he was fine. I've been less safe with the peanut butter, but he still doesn't eat it. It's nice to know that my mother's instinct was right all along. He did say that we could just keep doing what we're doing with him and have the Epi pen on hand just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment