Friday, June 13, 2014

Reflections

I've been looking through old photos of my children and it makes me long for those days again.  Not the tantrum throwing or potty training or any of "those"days, but the days where they were young and adorably cute with their cute little voices and funny sayings.  Then...I realized that I really like this new place too.  I like that my oldest is becoming more independent and reliable.  I like that my oldest son is reading books and liking them as well as being willing to explore new avenues in his life.  I will admit I don't like the age 3 very much and all that comes with it, but I will say that watching my youngest son figure out his way through those hard times and watching his brain work and figure things out is remarkable and I look forward to him NOT being 3 any more.  I love that my baby is still so small and IS my baby, even if she is almost 17 months now.  I love that she is only 18.5 lbs, still fits into 12 month clothes, just barely stopped nursing and still sits rear-facing in the car.  So, while I sometimes long for those days I am really happy for the direction we are headed.

3 comments:

Val said...

Well said. Every mile, every journey, every minute of their lives is measured by their experiences. I still treasure those moments of your childhood and how it felt to be "mommy".

Val said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D said...

It is amazing. Most days I just want to freeze time as they play nicely together(though they have their fighting moments i wouldn't mind editing out).