Today I realized that my baby will be a month old this week. How is it that time just seems to fly by? I thought it went fast when it was just Kaily and I, but now it see
ms like I was in the slow lane while everything went on around me. I suppose it doesn't help that we've had 3 new families move into our branch, weddings happening that a month ago felt like forever away, and SPRING, which means EASTER is around the corner, is also here. I think when women have babies and they have to be shut inside for a time so that the babies don't get sick it's equivalent to putting them in a box and letting the world pass you by. Any hoo...Conner will be one month on Friday and at the rate he is growing he'll probably be a good 11 lbs by then. Going back a bit, let me explain. We took him to a Dr. apt last Thursday and he was 10 lbs even and 21 1/2 inches long. Clint took him in again to have them check his circumcision on Tuesday and he weighed 10.4 lbs and was 23 inches long. So in a matter of 5 days he grew 2 inches and gained 4 oz. I guess that explains why he eats so often. I can't complain though because he is ADORABLE and he is very healthy.
The latest on the Kaily news is she cracks me up! Seriously she had me laughing so hard today just from things that she says. She is trying to sound so grown-up and so like me when I talk to her. That is funny all by itself. (You never know how funny you sound when trying to discipline until it comes out of the mouth of a 3 yr old.) So she comes up to me today, and I must have done something to make her mad, she says to me, "Mom, you are being merdiculous! i am embarrassed and you are in trouble." I asked her what I did and she tells me, "You are just being merdiculous because you hurt my feelings and you get to have a time out." I told her I was sorry for what ever I did. Then she gives me a big wet kiss on the cheek and says, "I love you mom and I forgive you, I promise." Oh to be innocent like children, to be so willing to forgive and forget.
I love being a mom! I love having two great kids that drive me crazy and make me laugh all at once. I love that they chose me to be their mom and that I have them to help me remember how much I am loved by my
Heavenly Father. Being a parent has taught me more about His love t
han I think anything in this world ever could have. How simple children are and how simple is His plan. It's us, as we get older that muddle everything up. If we could just have the faith a child has the rest of our lives how much greater would we all be. I know I would be for sure. I look into the eyes of my son and daughter and I know that they know so much more than they are able to share, they know so much more than they can ever explain. Then I realize that I too know more than I think I do. My spirit knows so much and if I just take time to listen and let it teach me then I too will understand some of who I truly am. I am grateful for children, they help us remember who we really are and whose we really are.
Heavenly Father. Being a parent has taught me more about His love t
han I think anything in this world ever could have. How simple children are and how simple is His plan. It's us, as we get older that muddle everything up. If we could just have the faith a child has the rest of our lives how much greater would we all be. I know I would be for sure. I look into the eyes of my son and daughter and I know that they know so much more than they are able to share, they know so much more than they can ever explain. Then I realize that I too know more than I think I do. My spirit knows so much and if I just take time to listen and let it teach me then I too will understand some of who I truly am. I am grateful for children, they help us remember who we really are and whose we really are.
2 comments:
Your son is so dang cute! I can't wait to squish him. And I know what you mean when you hear yourself through your daughter... it cracks me up. Love your faith and spiritual thoughts!
My son is only two and he tells me to "calm down" whenever I make any slightly elevated noise. :) It is fun to see them imitate you- and also occasionally embarrassing. My son also says "freak" whenever he is frustrated with a toy. I love reading what your daughter is saying- it totally cracks me up. I know in a year Kaden will be doing the same thing. What fun to look forward to! Connor is adorable and so wonderfully healthy! I love reading your blog! It makes me laugh and smile and feel good. :)
Post a Comment