Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Weekend

This weekend was WONDERFUL! Clint did a great job on Conner's blessing and we were so happy to have people from both sides of the family here. It was great to spend time with Clint's parents and let Kaily play with them. After the blessing everyone was invited to come over to our apartment to have chicken salad sandwiches, jell-o salad and my dad's cookies. It was a busy day, but so much fun. Thank you to everyone who came.
Other news this weekend...Clint got a letter in the mail on Monday morning. It was something we had been waiting for since January. I know I told you all in a previous blog that Clint had decided not to go the nursing rout anymore, well...The letter he got was from Weber State University, the ONLY school Clint applied to for Nursing. He said to me while he was opening it, "Karen, this is it, it's going to tell me that I didn't get in and we can make plans to move to Cedar City for school." Then his eyes got REALLY big as his reading gets quiet. All of the sudden he yells, "I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!" It's true, not April Fools, he got in. Out of hundreds that applied he is one of 35 people who got in. Now you may be asking, "Does he really want to do this?" The correct answer would be NO. However, after much fasting and blessing and prayer he feels like this is what he needs to do. It seems, sometimes that when you think you have made the right choice all you have to do is REALLY make it and then the Lord directs you the way he wants you to go. A friend and co-worker of his told him yesterday that, "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what it was built for." I would be lying if I said that he was supper excited about this whole thing. You may be wondering how I feel about it, well...I'm just happy that he's made a decision and that it's only two years and then we can see where he wants to go from there. It looks like we are moving some place in Ogden. We are going up there this weekend to figure things out. We should be out of here in the next couple of months. I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats on everything! I can't wait to see you and your cute family in July! Love you!

D said...

Wow! Big decision! That will be nice to still be so close to your family.

My VT is a nurse and she works night shift two nights a week - I guess full time is 3 nights a week. They are 12 hour shifts so they are long but that still seems like a nice schedule. 3 days on and 4 days off- such great family time! And hopefully time for his Art too.

Becca said...

Congrats to Clint for getting in, what an accomplishment!

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

Congrats! Great Job Clint!
Change in life is so exciting, a whole new area to live in!