Friday, February 20, 2009

Boat chairs...

When my older brothers and I were little we had a "Boat chair". It was HUGE, at least that's how I remember it. I was talking to my mom about it the other day and she said that it was an old chair that she grew up with and used to play "boat" on. I have lots of fun memories on that chair and I wish I had a pic of it now so I could show you, but it's at the parents house, so it will have to wait for another day. ANYWAY, I was watching my kids play the other day and I hear Kaily tell Conner that he needs to get in the boat so they can go fishing. (Kaily has tied her play necklaces to an old pvc pipe.) She is sitting on our old recliner, which used to be at my late Grandpa's house, pretending it's a boat. Now they pretend it's a boat frequently as well as a rocket ship, a horse and anything else Kaily can think up. I think every child needs a "boat chair" to explore on.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That has to be one of the greatest things about being a parent. I love getting to experience childhood all over again through the eyes of my child. It's interesting how some things are just universal for kids - like "boat chairs". I love that memory!