Things have finally settled down to a nice routine. Now I can sit down to write Corbin's birth story.****This may be TOO MUCH INFO for some, just a warning****
Monday night Clint and I were getting dinner ready for the kids. We were talking about the baby being late and how I had an appointment with my Dr the next morning and then we would know when I could be induced. I told Clint that since the Dr. office was right by the gym I was going to go wkout, the baby was never going to come on his own so I might as well go. Just then, as I was getting my dinner together, I felt a funny trickle of wetness. I stopped, thought for a sec, started laughing and headed for the bathroom. It suddenly felt like I had peed my pants, although I knew I hadn't peed at all. Every movement I made caused more fluid to come out. "I think my water just broke," I told Clint. Then I started laughing harder as I ran down the stairs. I think Clint thought I h
ad lost my mind. I climbed into the shower and waited for more fluid to come out while my family finished eating dinner. I called my mom and put them on notice to come to the hospital. After that I figured if I was going to have a baby and my water broke I might as well have a shower and shave my legs. After the shower we called the neighbor to come over to be with the kids so we could go to the hospital. My contractions hadn't really set in yet so we cleaned the house and I got the kids ready for bed. My water broke at approximately 7:30 and we finally went to the hospital at about 10:30. I would have liked to stay at home longer, but the water had gone from being clear to an ugly green color, which I found out as soon as
I got to the hospital that it was meconium. At 11 they checked me; I was at a 3 and still only 50%. When I finally got all checked in they told me I could walk until they had to check me again. That lasted until about 1:30-2 am. After that I wasn't dilating very fast any more. I stayed at a 6 1/2 for 2 1/2 hrs. I was SO tired by that time that I finally consented to have an epidural. I have to say that it was the BEST choice I could have made. The anaesthesiologist was the best. It was seriously the best one I have had, I could have kissed him it felt so nice to be without pain and be able to sleep. One of the other reasons I went with the epi was b/c with every contraction I felt like throwing up, and did twice. The heart burn was awful and would come right as the contraction would peak which would make me puke. (I know gross, but I warned you.) So, after the epi I slept a
nd was actually completely out before they were done wking on me. At 6 I woke up and I started to feel a lot of pressure. So at 6:30 they checked me again and I was at an 8 1/2 and 90%. I dozed on and off until about 7:15, 7:30 when I told the nurse that I felt like it was getting time to start pushing. I had control over the epi so I only used it enough to not feel the pain, but still able to feel everything else. I pushed twice and Corbin was out, 7:51 am. I ripped enough for two stitches and that was all. Corbin had A LOT of meconium come out so he was cleaned very quickly before I could hold him. So, after roughly 12 hrs of labor, 9 of which I did on my own, My little boy was finally born weighing 8 lbs 10 oz. At first glance he looked a lot like Conner, but now he has developed his own look to him.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Glad everything went okay!!
Post a Comment