Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

My mom and I have not always seen eye to eye, but I think that is the case with most young girls and their moms.  I have to admit I wasn't the easiest girl to raise or understand, being a bit of a tomboy between 4 brothers.  Like most girls, as I grew older and wiser and realized I wasn't so wise after all, I began to think of my mom as a friend and someone who I looked forward to go shopping with and tell my stories to.  Now that I am a mom I see some of the wisdom in her teachings and advice to me.  She is a wonderful grandma and my kids adore her. I am grateful everyday for her and her strength of character.  I know that at times it hasn't been an easy road but I'm thankful she chose to be a mom and I thankful to be her daughter.

On this day, a day we celebrate her life I would just like to say THANK YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the woman I am proud to call Mom.

1 comment:

Kemp Family said...

Thank you Karen. I appreciate you so much. You are a great mom and wonderful daughter and friend.