Kaily has started a new phase in her development. The defiant one. It's driving me crazy! For the most part she is a great kid, but sometimes she whines for no reason, other than to try to get me to pay attention to her. I wish I knew what to do with her when she's like that. At least she doesn't throw tantrums as bad any more.
Clint started school on Thursday. He did pass his CNA exam and will be looking to get a job in that department in the near future. I think I enjoy reading his text books more than anything else right now. I know that sounds weird... Shutdown is almost done at the Temple and then he will go back to working nights. It's been really nice having him home at night. I'm with Kaily all day and then when he goes to work sometimes it's hard to stay sane all night long. It'll be interesting when there is two of them and Clint is never around due to school and work. I think we'll be okay though.
It's amazing how others trials can put your life into perspective. I have recently had the opportunity to talk with a variety of people who are going through various challenges in their life. I am so grateful for the gospel and all that it teaches us. Honestly, I don't know how people can manage without the knowledge of the atonement. It gives us such amazing peace. I know we don't live in the best apartment and we don't have a ton of money, nor do we have a lot of stuff, but the truth is we are truly happy. I am so grateful for Clint and his example to me. Yes, he does drive me crazy sometimes, but what husband doesn't. I can see him learning and growing is so many ways, it's actually very awesome to watch. In watching him grow I see myself growing also. It's funny to me when people complain that their spouse is no longer the person they were when they got married. How many people do you know that stay the same over the years? I figure as long as the growth is for the better, or it's something one is willing to work on than what's the problem with them changing? I guess what all this comes down to is that I am thankful for my life, even the challenges I face. It IS all about the journey.
2 comments:
Wahoo! I'm so excited for you. A new baby is so awesome and brings the best spirit into your home. Good luck with Clint being gone a lot.. I know the feeling- Robert's schedule sucks! Just hang in there and pray your heart out! Love you guys!
I am scared for when my second is born too. Not sure how I will stay sane and get everything done that I need to get done. My hubbie is gone 12 hours a day or more except the weekends...so it will be interesting.
Kaden has just started throwing temper tantrums too. And I don't think I will be able to take him to the store anymore. :) He is too goo at running away... I will have to do all of my shopping on Sat. Which will probably cut down on how much I spend- so that's good. It will be an interesting adjustment.
Post a Comment