I can't believe another year has gone by. This pic is of the Parthenon in Athens Greece, I thought is was beautiful! So much has happened this year. We have been very fortunate and are very grateful for the many things we have been able to achieve. I wanted to take this time to look back at what this year has brought us and some things we are grateful for...
We are so grateful to be able to watch Kaily grow in the gospel. She is a constant reminder of why we are here and what we can become. We are grateful for the knowledge we have of our Savior and his life. I am grateful I was able to teach about him and his Apostles this last year in Gospel Doctrine class. I was able to learn so much and have my testimony strengthened. I think that covers all our blessings also.
This year we were able to go to Disney World to watch Clint run their Half Marathon. Our goal is to have me do it next year, 2009, and he will try for the Marathon. It was great to see him work so hard for something and be able to do so well. It took him less time than he thought it would and if he had known more about what he was doing he would have done much better. We had a great time with some of his family that went with us. My highlight was dancing in Animal Kingdom. I was chosen form the audience to dance with an African group. It looks like my Latin Dance and Ballroom dance came in handy. If you want to know more you'll have to ask. (= Kaily had a great time looking at the animals there and thought Disney World was the best place. She talked about it for days.
In June we went to Havasupai. It is a village by the Grand Canyon. The hike was 10 miles down and when you're pregnant it can seem longer. The falls are beautiful and I am so glad we went. This trip we also did with Clint's family. It was kind of a family reunion thing. We will definitely do this again. The hardest part for Clint was packing Kaily down and the hardest part for me were the 3 miles of 40% grade switch-backs at the end of the trip. Hopefully next time I will be in much better shape and not be caring a baby in the tummy.
The rest of the year has been filled with getting Clint through the semester of Physiology and doctors appointments. We are VERY grateful to be done with one and almost done with the other. The baby is due in 3 weeks from tomorrow! It's hard to believe that. Now if we can only get the Nursing applications out then I will be worry free. Happy New Year to everyone and we wish you the best.
4 comments:
Karen,
I got your Christmas letter. I'm so glad to get back in touch.
Congratulations on your upcoming new addition.
It sounds like you guys are doing well. Probably very busy though.
I'll be glad to stay in touch better with these blog things. :)
I'm glad to hear you're all doing so well! It's very exciting that you'll have a new addition to your family soon :)
Thanks for the invite, I'll check in regularly!
A ten mile hike one way while prego definitely sounds like more adventure than I am up for! I am so tired with this second pregnancy! You are amazing!
I'm glad that everything is going well and can't wait to read more. You can check out my family blog at dblog.wheelertribe.com.
Love you!
Hey there! 3 more weeks... hang in there! And don't even stress- it's so awesome and things are so much easier and better than I worried about. How exciting for you guys! And looks like we'll be seeing you next year at the marathon- it's gonna be so much fun. We'll have to keep each other posted on our training successes! Love you guys!
Post a Comment