Sunday, January 27, 2008

In the News

I know it's been a few weeks since I last wrote, but I was hoping that the next time I wrote in here I would have baby pictures to show. Unfortunately, for me, I am now 2 days late. 2 days late and no signs of giving birth anytime soon. I think he must be too comfortable in there. Oh well, if I don't have him by the 31 they will induce me. I must say that I REALLY hope to go before then.


Happier news though is that Kaily is POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She does great except for naps and night time. She will get there though. Anyway, she decided on Jan 15 that she wanted to use the toilet and not her diapers anymore. She has never gone back since and if you ask her if she wants a diaper on she will tell you in a very matter-of-fact tone, "I am not a baby, I don't need diapers!" I can't tell you how happy I am that she just decided to do this all on her own. I wasn't even going to approach the idea until after the baby was born. I'm glad she has a mind of her own.


Other news...We decided not to apply to SUU. The information they sent us on the classes Clint would need was unclear and after doing some investigating we found out that he would have to take 3 more classes than we thought he would have to. Knowing he couldn't get the three done before classes started in Aug we opted to try for the Spring, if we need to. We did apply to Weber and will also still apply to UVSC.


Other than still being pregnant, I am doing well. Kaily keeps me really busy with the many books she wants to read, playing My Little Pony, getting the baby stuff ready (which means to Kaily taking it all apart and trying to put it back together) and the many other games she likes to play. I have been trying to make dinner every night so that we don't have to go out. I have tried to schedule my menus, but the truth is I now just plan on what I want for the week and leave it at that. I can't seem to follow a schedule for meals. So, in case you all are wondering what we may be having this week, until we have the baby that is, I have posted it here.



Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, Jello and Rolls--This is what we had today.
Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish rice (left over from last week), Rolls and a side Salad
Spaghetti & Salad
Left overs


Now all I have to do is figure out what to do for Family night. I think we might have Kaily make a poster for the baby for when he comes home. She loves to draw and color, so I think that's what we might do, we'll see though. I know tomorrow she has asked me to make blueberry cornmeal pancakes. They are her favorite.

1 comment:

D said...

SO you should have a baby by now! Congrats and I can't wait to see the photos. Hopefully the first week is treating you well.

I am so jealous that Kaily potty trained herself. Kaden has shown some interest in the past but none lately... He's not two yet so I'm not too worried about it... But it would be nice to have only one set of diapers to change.

Well sending you well wishes! love ya,
D