Friday, November 21, 2008

Loving the journey and learning from it

As I sit here I have a daughter that is watching PBS kids, YEA for PBS kids, a son that is pawing at my leg and trying to sing along to the songs on the blog. He is also trying to pull down EVERYTHING he can off of the computer desk, trying to type with mommy and basically, just get into whatever he can. I LOVE my kids. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious! I love the fact that my son growls at me when he gets mad and well, he just growls all the time, that he squeals to get my attention and when that doesn't wk he tries the direct approach; get in front of my legs and pull as hard as he can. I love the "play time" between he and Kaily that he only seems to want right before she goes to bed. I love that when he hears Kaily's voice he goes to look for her and when he finds her he squeals with delight. I love that as soon as Clint walks through the door Conner makes a B-line for him and then waits with arms stretched as high as they can go for Clint to pick him up. If Clint waits too long the arms stretched out turns into a lunging type dance. I love that Kaily wants to learn and she gets so excited when I try to help her read. I love that she loves school and her teacher. I enjoy her helping out more now and try to find things for her to help me with because she is so eager. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that her tantrums have become almost nonexistent unless she is overly tired. I love that she wants to help everyone and that her love for others is so big. I love her prayers at night when she tells Heavenly Father all the things she is grateful for, which is everything she can see in whatever room we are in at the time. I love her thoughtfulness for others feelings, even when they are on television. I love her sensitivity.

All of the things I love, however, are all of the things that can drive me crazy about her. Funny how that wks; you can be exasperated with your kids one min and just adore them for the very same thing the next. It makes me wonder how our Father in Heaven feels about us. I was reading a friends blog the other day and it reminded me of how important it is to remember our worth as children of God. As a parent I think I am beginning to understand just what he feels for us as his children. How thankful I am to know his LOVE for me. That even when I throw tantrums and do silly things that I should know better that He loves me as much, if not more than I love my kids for the same thing. I know that just like my son wants to sit by my side and be with me all the time that's how I need to be with my Father. It amazing the perspective it gives.

1 comment:

Kemp Family said...

It's so rewarding as a parent to watch your children raise their children. The love you have for your children is eternal. It is an amazing perspective, and as you watch that love grow into their own parenthood, you have to see the eternal nature of a simple word...love. Even in the worst of times, we know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for my children and what good parents and examples they are for my grandchildren. I can't imagine a greater love than the love I have for my family. I'm thankful for these blogs that help bring us together across the many miles that physically separate us. I love you.....