Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happiness

I was watching my children this morning and was filled with such love and joy. I truly love being their mom. There are some days that I wish I could change my name and some moments that I wish I could crawl under the bed and not come out for a long time. For the most part though, I really like being a mom. The second time around has been so different for me. The main reason is that I have Kaily, she is mostly great at being an older sister. She loves to boss Conner around and he is learning to defend himself from her. He mostly just likes to look at her in awe, like she is THE coolest person ever. He loves it when she does crazy dances and when she is sharing with him. His whole face lights up when he sees her. He has started crying when she is sad and will crawl to her and be loving, in his own way...sometimes it makes her cry more and she says he is a bad baby. I just laugh and try to explain to her what he's trying to do. I love it when Clint comes home and Conner practically JUMPS out of my arms to get to him. They are getting such a cute bond. Today while Kaily was at school he just wanted to play. So even though I had tons of things I needed to do I sat down and played his games with him. I really enjoy spending time with them together, but I love it more when I have one on one time with each of them.
"Perhaps most significant of all classrooms is the classroom of the home. It is in the home that we form our attitudes, our deeply held beliefs. It is in the home that hope is fostered or destroyed. Our homes are the laboratories of our lives. What we do there determines the course of our lives when we leave home. Dr. Stuart E. Rosenberg wrote in his book The Road to Confidence, 'Despite all new inventions and modern designs, fads and fetishes, no one has yet invented, or will ever invent, a satisfying substitute for one's own family.' " Thomas S. Monson

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, I hear you. So true--EVERYTHING you just wrote.

Michelle said...

Well said! From wanting to crawl under the bed to loving one on one time. I completely agree. I LOVE that quote by Pres. Monson.

D said...

You got it! Today was a good day but yesterday there were several times when I wanted to rewind and do over. I guess that's what today was....

Kemp Family said...

Happiness is having family. I remember the days when I wanted to change my name too. "I don't want to be mommy right now". The fact that you all lived through my craziness of parenthood is a testiment of gospel principles. Having a family is an experiment, and our homes are the laboratories. And, there is no substitute for family and the love that grows in our homes. I love you all.