Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother's Day

Usually I get a wake-up call from Kaily about 7:30 every morning that consists of her very cold hand toughing my face. Not a pleasant way to wake up. Last Sunday, Mother's Day I didn't get that wake-up call. I awoke to little noises coming from her room.

Singing, laughing....do I hear Conner?...laughing, talking, singing...

I peak around the corner and I wished I had my camera....I see Kaily playing with Conner in his crib. She is handing him toys and saying, "Conner, it's Mother's day that means mommy gets to sleep in so we need to be quiet, SHHHHHH!" Then she proceeds to sing to him and make him laugh. My heart melted as I watched them. What a great gift!

Later that morning Kaily asks me if Dad is going to make me a Mother's Day breakfast because that's what you do on Mother's Day. She went upstairs and asked Clint to help her make me breakfast.

They did a great job and the breakfast pizza was delish! Clint got the kids ready for church on his own and let me get ready by myself, which NEVER happens.

After church we went to my parents house for some yummy food and visiting with family.

It was a great day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That really sounds like a great day!!!

Relle said...

Oh, how sweet, Karen!!! You've got such a cute family. I'm so glad your day was grand!