Sunday, May 10, 2009

To my Mom

I have searched many poems and many books to find the right words to express to my mom today, but there are none that do her justice. So, I will have to write what I feel is best and hope it will do.

My Mother...my Ma'mar, as I used to call her, has become one of my greatest friends. She is the one I long to talk with when my children are sick, when they have done something great and when they have not. She is the one I wish I could go shopping with. ( I know a shock to everyone, even me). As I have grown in my own motherhood I have learned a greater appreciation for her strength, her wisdom, her love. Her faith is remarkable and I tribute my own strength of faith to her in many ways. She taught me when I was very young to have faith in my Savior and our Heavenly Father. She taught me about how important prayer is.

My children ADORE her. They long to be with her and ask me if they can go to her almost every day. It makes my heart melt to watch her with them. She ADORES them right back. According to Kaily, "Grandma is my best friend."

So, on this day when we honor Mothers I would like to say, "Thank you". Thank you for all the late night chats since I have been married, all the times when I fall apart and you are there, all the times when you support my choices even when it hurts you to see me struggle. Thank you for letting me be me. I Love you!

1 comment:

Kemp Family said...

Thank you Karen. I love you so much. Who knew that we would be so close. I thank the Lord every day for a daughter that can also be my friend. It's so nice to know that our children learn from us, but in reality it's us who learn from them. Thank you for the example you are and the lessons you've taught me. I am the first one to say that "I'm not perfect", but because motherhood is a gift from God, He's always there to help pick up the pieces and love is the glue to put it all together again. Thanks for being an amazing daughter. I love you.