Monday, November 23, 2009
Berlin
I recently watched an amazing historic event on CNN and FOX news. It was back on the 9th of this month and I've been meaning to write about it since then. Some of you will remember 20 years ago when something special happened in Germany. It was my birthday and I was in 5th grade, but I will always remember how in awe all the adults were. I am referring to the fall of the Berlin Wall. So, 20 years later Germany, Berlin set up a exhibit, if you want to call it that, to celebrate the fall of a wall that reunited family, friends, and neighbors. It did something for the rest of us as well. I am so grateful for inspired people and leaders who never gave up on this idea. I am grateful for all the men and women who died to reach for their freedom. It is a reminder to me of the war we all once fought and still fight everyday. It is a reminder to me that good will always overcome evil and all things are in the hands of our Father in Heaven. I am grateful for the country I live in, for the freedoms we have and the Founding Fathers who followed inspiration. While I was on my mission I had a chance to go to the Bush museum in CS and I saw a piece of the wall there. I was 11 when it fell, but I remember how great it felt to know that others would start to enjoy the same freedoms I enjoy everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so awesome that you remember this. I don't sadly. I wish I paid more attention to history and current events. But I can say that I too am grateful for the freedom we enjoy and that others in the world can enjoy freedom. I like to think of how awesome it's going to be when all of God's children will someday be free! And Karen- way to go! You look beautiful and you just seem to glow. I'm so proud of and happy for you!
Post a Comment