Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What a weekend!

What a weekend we had. Last Thursday Conner got really sick. Kaily got sick on Tuesday with a slight fever and then came the coughing and a cold. I had been watching Conner closely to see if he was going to get Kaily's cold so I knew when he starting acting funny that something might be wrong. We were at the store when IT hit him hard, the H1N1 virus. At first we didn't know that's what it was though. Friday, after having a pretty high fever for almost 24 hrs even with Tylenol, we took him in. They ran some tests and after all of it was done they said they were fairly certain it was H1N1. GREAT, I thought! Well, at least he can get over it and hopefully we don't get it too. By the time the night rolled around his fever had dropped and by the next day he was fine. We waited the appropriate 24 hrs after the fever was gone to take him out, that was Sunday. Sunday, because both kids were feeling better, we went to a family get together in Saratoga Springs. We had a great time meeting new family and chatting. When it was time to go home our car wouldn't start. We said many prayers and pleaded with the Lord for help and all the men came out to see if they could help. NOTHING. That car was stuck and we were stuck 1 1/2 hrs from home. Luckily my parents just live 30 min away and they have an extra car they don't use very often because I don't know what we would have done. The next day we called around to see if we could get help to tow the car back up here to have it looked at. A good friend came through and helped us out. We found out it was our fuel pump. It just died. The mechanic said, I think, "It just got old and quit wking." So, what now...Well, Kaily still has a cough, Conner DID get Kaily's cold in the end and our car is better than it was, but I'm afraid the getting old part is just a sign of things to come.

No comments: