Yesterday Clint and I ran the SLC half Marathon. Clint was going to run on his own, but changed his mind after I got pregnant, but he didn't tell me this until yesterday. It was a great surprise. Not that I couldn't run on my own, it was just nice to have him by my side the whole time. It threw the time he would have had, but he said he didn't care there were other runs to beat his old time with. (Sorry Logan Clint says he'll have to beat your time with another race.) I think that meant more to me than him doing the run in the first place. We finished in 3:09 something. I thought it was good considering all the stops we had to make on my behalf. We spent a lot of the run going potty, very frustrating. It was a beautiful day to run though. I really couldn't have asked for a better day. I got sunburned and am a bit sore today, but nothing serious. Clint may have fared worse than I did simply b/c I trained more than he did. We had a great time though. It was fun to run with my best friend and have him cheer me on along the way.
As far as the baby goes it all seems to be ok. I started cramping after I didn't have to pee anymore. I really tried to listen to the needs of my body and I think I did a good job. We walked for a long while and I while I was frustrated by that fact, but I understood the reason behind it.
We are going to run another 1/2 next year and we'll start training in December after the baby is born.
2 comments:
You are truly awe inspiring! Congratulations!!
Way to go!! I am so proud of you!!!!!
Post a Comment