Friday, June 13, 2008
On the farm...
Yesterday while we were all trying to get in the car to go to the store I asked Kaily if she needed to go to the bathroom. She told me no and ran off down the drive-way. I told her not to go too far and as she ran back I quickly ran back in the house to retrieve my keys. Clint was occupied at the moment also, so our 3 year old was outside by herself all of 2 min. As I stepped out of the house I saw Kaily playing with her skirt. I told her not to pull it up so high and she said she needed to cover her underwear. OK... "Kaily, honey, run in and go potty before we leave." "Mommy I already went, see right there." I looked in the direction she was pointing and to my dismay there was a huge wet spot on the cement and as she turned around I saw one on her bum that matched perfectly. I asked her why she had an accident and she told me that Daddy told her that was it was ok to go potty outside when we were at Papa Willis' house. *In her defence we did tell her that it was ok to go in the dirt while we were traveling down to AZ to eliminate the need to find a bathroom so often. While on the road she would tell us all the time she needed to go so we told her this was ok.* Clint came out and saw what had happened and explained the difference between being on the road and on the farm vs being in the city and close to a bathroom. He then helped her change. What have we started?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Same thing happened with Brooke. Brad told her it was ok to go in the grass when she was swimming outside, now she just drops her drawers whenever we're outside. We have to keep a close eye on her. Good luck!
Post a Comment