Monday, September 29, 2008

60

In honor of my dad's b-day I want to write 30 things I love about him. I could write more, but I won't bore you with the details.
  1. His spirit, he always tries to do what he thinks is right
  2. His smile, he rarely does a smile where he shows his teeth, but I love it just the same
  3. The way he teaches
  4. The way he loves my mom
  5. The way he plays with and loves my kids
  6. The "just b/c" moments when I was a kid
  7. His hugs
  8. His cooking
  9. His laugh
  10. That he believes in me
  11. That he supports my decisions
  12. That he loves and encourages Clint
  13. That he visits his dad weekly and helps them out
  14. His love of the outdoors
  15. That he took me fishing and backpacking when I was younger
  16. That he served a mission
  17. That he listens, or at least pretends to
  18. His love of good music that he instilled in all of us
  19. His love and generosity for others
  20. His love of gardening that he tried to pass on
  21. His willingness to work hard
  22. His love of sports
  23. His competitive nature that he defiantly passed on
  24. His love of learning
  25. His excitement for life
  26. His hands
  27. That I can still call him Daddy and he doesn't care
  28. That he wanted to be with me when I had my children
  29. That he was one of the first people to hold my kids when they were born
  30. That when I need him for anything he is always there for me
When I was little my dad was a super hero, and he still is in many ways. I know the faults and I know he is not perfect, but he is the best dad in the world...at least I think so. I think that every child should think his dad is the best. Happy Birthday DAD and we love you!

1 comment:

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

What a great tribute to your dad! I really enjoy being around him, he's a great man.