I had an interesting conversation with Kaily this morning. It went something like this...
KAILY- Mom, am I going to die soon?
ME- No, Why did you ask that?
KAILY- well, Papa Bob died b/c he got too old and I am getting bigger. I'm not going to die until I get bigger, bigger, bigger? (as she is jumping up and down with her arms stretched over her head to show how big she is going to be)
ME- That's right, you will get a lot older before you die.
(a moment of contemplation for Kaily)
KAILY- When I die I will talk to Jesus. Is Jesus my brother?
ME- Yes
KAILY- And Heavenly Father is my dad?
ME- yes, he is our spirit father and Jesus is our spirit brother
KAILY- and when I die I will see everyone again, all my cousins and my family and Jesus and Heavenly Father. (said as a statement)
ME- yes, that's right.
KAILY- And the Holy Ghost helps me to feel better when I feel sad and he helps me to have good dreams. The Holy Ghost makes us better when we are sick b/c Daddy gives Conner and me a blessing and Heavenly Father tells the Holy Ghost to make us better. (said as a statement)
We learned about the Holy Ghost in Nursery on Sunday. The weeks before we talked about who Heavenly Father is and Jesus Christ and how much they love us. It always amazes me how much they truly do understand and how much they really are listening, even when we think they aren't. I'm so grateful for Kaily and her love of the gospel. I am SO thankful for inspire leaders who wrote the new Nursery manual and the blessings I am already seeing from teaching from it.
2 comments:
I love this! I too, am always amazed at their level of understanding. I just assume sometimes that because they are little they don't understand very much, but then I'm always reminded how wrong I am.
Children are so amazing! I am so amazed at how clear and real everything is for them. Such a good example to us! I just got put back in the primary and I am so excited to be involved in the nursery again.
Post a Comment