Thursday, October 9, 2008
The boy who loves his mom enough not to leave her alone, even in the shower.
This is a story about a little boy who loves his mom. In fact, he loves his mom so much that he won't let her do anything without him, including writing this blog entry. Yesterday I was running on the treadmill and Clint was at work. Normally running isn't a problem and the kids entertain themselves. Not yesterday! For 30 min straight Conner screamed. Now some of you may think, "Well, why don't you figure out why he is screaming and then continue running." The problem with that is he was screaming simply because I wasn't holding him. This wonderful, cute little boy of mine hates not being held. He prefers me, but if I ignore him he turns to his dad and if his dad isn't here to rescue him he simply claws at my feet until I do something about it. I adore my little boy, don't get me wrong, in fact I would love to be able to hold him all the time. Unfortunately I can't. There is just no way that I can answer his demands all the time. So instead I listen to him cry and plead, "Maaam....Mama...Maaam." Really it's enough to break your heart. Oh and the whole crying while I'm running bit, I actually felt a little guilty because I thought to myself, "Normally this would be bothering me...I'm so glad I'm running."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
For your sake I hope he outgrows that one fast- to a nice middle ground where he still likes to snuggle but doesn't need you to hold him every second.
My brother went through a stage where no one could do anything for him but mom. Not even his big sisters. We couldn't get him a glass of milk- or anything- Mom had to do it. Now, while he still loves mom, he is not a "momma's boy" anymore. :)
So I'm not the only one with a cling-on attached at all times huh? I so know how you feel. I also can't get private shower time without him peeking in on me every minute. I have to get up early and sneak out to run and even then Robert says he wakes up about 5 min. after I leave. What are we to do?! Sometimes I secretly love it but other times it drives me crazy. Oh well... I guess we might as well enjoy it while we can. And way to go with your running!
That gets SO draining! Mary is like that too. She started getting much better after she started walking, but she still freaks out when I try to put her down.
Isn't is so fun to have a little boy who is THAT infactuated with you?! :) I'm proud of you for keeping up with the workout and not stopping to pick him up...I'm not that strong...yet.
Post a Comment