Friday, October 3, 2008

Fetch

While I was doing dishes I asked Kaily if she could entertain her brother. She said she would and a few min. later this is what I heard..."Fetch"..."Conner why aren't you getting the stick?"..."Conner this is how you do it."..."Fetch"..."Conner!"..."Mom Conner won't play. I think he doesn't want to be a dog." Me, "Probably not; he doesn't know how to play." Kaily, "Well...I'm trying to teach him." (said in an exasperated voice). A few min. go by and..."Okay Conner this is how you play." I go around the corner and she is throwing a toy and then going to get it on all fours. She does this a couple of times while Conner watches her go back and forth. Then she says, " It's your turn Conner, fetch." Conner just sits there and looks at her. She waits and waits and then turns to me, "Mom, this isn't working. We need a dog. Conner doesn't get it." I laughed so hard trying not to let her see me. Conner crawls away to find something else to do. So funny.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Sooooo cute. What a smart little girl!

Anonymous said...

My nepehw (the one who cheats, hehe) does that with Ethan. But he actually goes after it most of the time. He does it with his phone or an empty pop bottle.