Monday, August 17, 2009

I can be optimistic, IT'S POURING!

It was 5:30 am when we got the kids into the car. The weather man had said there would be rain overnight and it would be scattered over the Wasatch Front so when we walked outside and there it was, POURING, I wanted think happy thoughts. It was a half hour up the canyon to Eden where the Ogden Art and Balloon festival was taking place. The website said be there early because take off is at sunrise, 6:30 am. As we pulled into the place there was hardly a car in sight and the rain was coming down harder than ever. Still, I was optimistic that it would clear up and we would be able to enjoy our morning. I packed warm clothes for the kids and brought coats for each of us. As the sun began to rise behind the mountains the mist all around us was enchanting. I continued to get the kids ready with Clint's help and we stepped outside for the first time. The rain had become a drizzle and Kaily and Conner were bundled up, still optimistic. Then the announcement..."Balloon launch cancelled today, but weather is going to improve by noon and they will have the balloon glow that night." So what did we do? It was 7 am, we were hungry and they were serving breakfast. We ate and went home disappointed, but fed and ready to go back to bed.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh man! Crummy! At least it was an adventure, right.