We made it any way
I had talked the balloons up so much that when the kids woke up again they wanted to go back. I took Clint to work that night and we ventured back up to Eden for the Balloon festival. I had to put them in warmer clothes, but that was okay. We got back there around 5:30 and went the Arts part first. Kaily loved looking at a real life spinning wheel that's like the one Sleeping Beauty uses. The lady who owns it was supper nice and let he
r try it out. She then showed Kaily how to weave it onto the loom. VERY COOL. Conner's favorite part had nothing to do with the art, but a very big Akita. For those who don't know, that's a dog. He went right up to it and the dog licked him from chin to forehead almost knocking him over. Conner yelled in excitement and went back for more. He loved petting it and wanted to follow it around the rest of the time we were there. Finally, it was time to head to the field where the balloons were going to be. Excitement filled the air as each one the trailers showed up. Remax handed out little balloons and Energizer handed out foam bunny hats. My kids were heaven! One men let Kaily stand in the basket to his balloon and she thought that was the best thing ever. Conner tired to climb in, but sometimes you're just too little. When the night came each balloon would take turns lighting up it was cool to watch. When everything was done my kids were very ready to go pick up Daddy from wk and go to bed.
2 comments:
What a fun time. I remember when we took you kids to Park City for the Balloon Festival. It was cold and we never saw them launch, oh well... The pictures are great. I'm glad you went back for the night launch.
So much fun! I love those experiences that are just magical for kids. Being a parent really is the greatest! PS Your kids are getting so old!!
Post a Comment