Monday, March 23, 2009

Snowflakes on my nose and eyelashes

It's snowing today. I had LOTS of errands I needed to run while Kaily was in school so Conner and I braved the weather and went shopping. He was fun to be with, I think it's really the first time that he realized what snow was. After getting pelted in the face a few times he opened his mouth to let the flakes fall in. After the first couple landed nicely in his mouth he decided to stick his tongue out and see how many he could get. And since that wasn't enough he had to lift his head to the sky and open up as wide as he could sticking his tongue out and screaming if the flakes didn't land where he wanted them to. He was so happy about the whole thing that he tried to open my mouth to get me to do it. So, here we are in the parking lot of the store, heads towards the sky, tongues out trying to catch as many snowflakes as we could. I love being a mom, sometimes you get to be a kid again.

2 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

I cant believe its SNOWING! Its like 90 Degrees in Arizona!!! CRAZY!!! That is such a cute little story. Sweet little boy!!!

Kemp Family said...

This reminds me of the 'Lollypops and Gumdrops' song. "If snowflakes were candybars and milkshakes, oh what a snow it would be, standing outside with my mouth open wide, ahh, ahh, ahh...." So fun to catch them on your tongue. More fun to watch your kids do it.